Bicycling Magazine approached us in January as a finalist for their 2010 Editor’s Choice Dream Road category. Dream Road is where they put the best of the best in road bikes – they’re completely race-worthy, but feature absolutely top-end fit, handling and comfort as well – a no-compromise bike for people for whom price is no object. We were thrilled to be included among such fine bicycles and couldn’t wait to get to work on the bike. They requested a 54 cm frame that best represented what we think is the ideal KirkLee. With that in mind we set out to build the best custom carbon road bike for Bicycling.
Bicycling Magazine Testers said:
- Has a ride I’d describe as “luminous.” It lit up the road.
- I instantly trusted the bike on descents.
- A smooth ride you can be on for hours as the road unspools before you.
KirkLee Bicycling Magazine 2010 Editor’s Choice Details
$9,525 w/ Edge 1.45 Carbon Tubulars | $8,186 w/ Ligero Wheelworks Aluminum Clinchers
- Hand made carbon cable stops
- 6/4 Titanium bottom bracket shell / Zero Stack headset
- Trademark marbleized hand wrapped carbon joints
- Tubes are bladder molded in house with custom stiffness, weights and lay-ups
- Painted using House of Color paints by Darin Wheeler of 2 Wheeler Customs
- SRAM Red drivetrain
- Edge Composites Carbon 1.45 Tubulars, handlebars, stem, and seatpost
- Ligero Wheelworks aluminum clinchers with hubs made in USA